Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What's in your Bag?


What’s In Shar’s Bag? As a Reporter & Segment Producer for MTV News, and the Host & Producer of “Sharlene VS.”- Sharlene Chiu definitely has her hands full.
Check out what this globe-trotting MTV host carries with her at all times while waiting for flights and experiencing the best bands this country has to offer!
Sharlene Chiu - Whats In Your Bag

1. Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami | My first novel of Murakami’s that I read was Norwegian Wood and one of my most favourite books ever is The Wind-up Bird Chronicle. I like to have a book strictly for when I ride the bus and subway to and from work, so right now, I’m reading another Murakami for my commute, called Sputnik Sweetheart.
2. Keys to my apartment, USB stick and Sobey’s card
3. Marc Jacobs leather wallet
4. Karen Walker sunglasses case
5. Ksubi sunglasses | Although I embarrassingly own more pairs of sunglasses than a human-being should possess. My Ksubi’s are still the only ones I take with me when I travel. They’re so lightweight and they go with everything. I love the large circular design of the lenses.
6. Sessun suede gloves: I’m a huge sucker for Parisian labels and Sessun is a big staple in my wardrobe. I have a really hard time finding gloves because I have small hands but these fit perfectly.
7. Whistles leather bag: I bought this on my most recent trip to London at Selfridges. Whistles is a British label that carries beautiful vintage-inspired pieces.
8. Canadian government bag for liquids: Between flying for work and personal, I decided to replace my usual make-up bag for the clear Ziploc bags you get at security before you board a flight so I don’t have to keep transferring my liquids over each time I travel.
9. Blackberry Bold: Since I can be out of the office, shooting in the field, quite often, sometimes I work solely from my blackberry. I can speed-type this thing like no one’s business.
10. NARS blush in “Orgasm”: My favourite blush ever. I first discovered NARS “orgasm” about 8 years ago and have not turned back since. It’s beautiful paired over MAC’s sunbasque powder blush.
I’m obsessed with freshness and always carry about 3 packs of gum or mints on me at all times:
11. Altoids
12. Airwaves | I always buy Airwaves in black mint and eucalyptus in bulk when I’m in the UK (it’s the strongest mint kick you’ll ever experience and lasts for hours)
13. Mentos
14. Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Paris | Everyone needs some Chanel in their lives and this lipstick is an affordable way to do so. “Paris” is a super-pretty raspberry red that’s great for a night out.
15. MAC lipstick in “Lady Danger” | I can’t live without Lady Danger. It’s a vivid matte red that’s slightly on the orange side that I wear almost everyday. When I’m not on camera, I like to just put on some “Lady Danger” and NARS blush and I’m good to go. But be warned, wear Lady Danger and expect to be stopped everywhere you go to be asked where you got your lipstick from.
16. MAC lipstick in “Lovelorn” | Lovelorn is the essential low maintenance sheer nudey-pink that looks fab with black smokey eye make-up.
17. Dermalogica Climate Control Lip treatment | A must for our brutal winters.
18. MAC Longlast concealer | This concealer does not budge, I swear to you.
19. Chanel No.5 | For when you need a pick me upper. A classic.
20. MAC StudioFix | I don’t like liquid foundation but this powder gives the coverage of a foundation without the mess or hassle.
21. Oral B Satin Floss
22. MAC Liquidlast in “Point Black” eye liner | When I travel to shoot specials, I’m out on the field all day from morning to sometimes… the early morning, and Liquidlast always out parties me. It doesn’t flake, smudge, or fade. The only caveat is that once you dedicate to Liquidlast it’s on for good—it can only be removed with an oil. I don’t know what I’d do if they stopped producing Liquidlast!
23. Bliss Body Lotion
24. Carex hand sanitizer
25. Sharpie gel pen
26. Black comb | I whip out this comb every now and then to tame my bangs.
27. Concert and movie ticket stubs | A huge perk of this job is getting into pretty much any concert or film screening you want. These stubs are from Gorillaz and Phoenix- coincidentally both are on my list for top live shows this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment