Monday, November 29, 2010

Celeb Bio: mtv vj and model Anusha

Anusha Dandekar born on January 1, 1982 in Sudan was raised in Kingsgrove, Sydney Australia until she moved to Mumbai proceeding her career from just being a model to a popular VJ.
Anusha being an MTV VJ is known for flaunting her flirty Australian accent seducing youngsters with her style displaying her assets being a TV hostess.
Anusha has shot to fame with the Reebok ad-campaign. Anusha first made her cinematic debut as an Item girl / temptress in the song 'Loot Gaye' of 'Mumbai Matinee' which boosted her career as an actress though the movie bombed at the box office.
Anusha was then paired opposite John Abraham along with superstar actor Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, and Sharmila Tagore in 'Viruddh' that got her a minor role as 'Rosa' in the hilarious 'Anthony Kaun Hai?' starring Arshad Warsi and Sanjay Dutt.
Anusha was then spotted on Maxim, the photo shoot that created hot waves in the country failing to attract any offers at all. She is often noticed at major page3 parties with skimpy glamorous costumes that makes rounds on the internet promising a good career for the damsel
PROFILE

Name: Anusha Shashidhar Dandekar. But she's fondly known as 'Nushi' or 'Nush.'
Birthday: 9th of Jan, 1982.
Born in: Khartoum, Sudan, Africa.
Grew up in: Sydney, Australia.
Height: 5'6"
Vital Stats: 32-24-26
Shoe size: 38
Studied: Pursuing a degree in Arts specializing in Media and Film Studies but VJing for MTV came in the way of completing it.
First Job: At 15, as a part-time hair dresser. It was a work experience requirement in the 10th grade.
One Secret: She hates dark chocolate, but loves all Dairy Milk Chocolates - Mars, Twix, Snickers, Twirl.
A Short Interview

What did you want to be when you grew up?
A VJ, or was that unplanned? I've always wanted to be a VJ actually. Even while I was in school, I had applied to MTV Australia, but obviously, they weren't taking kids in then. : I had modeled for Style Check once. And then a few years later, when MTV had their first VJ Hunt, I just happened to hear about it when I was on holiday in India. I went back to Australia first, and then came back to audition later. I had to differ my admission into University. But I think it was fate, because I found out that I had won 2 days before my visa was going to expire! Yea…but it was just the right time and the right place.
You've done a few Bollywood films after becoming a VJ….
Yea, I enjoy doing films. My first was Mumbai Matinee - I enjoyed doing the film song Loot Gaye there. And then I did Virrudh, and that was great because I got to work with Amitabh Bachchan and John Abraham! And then I did Anthony Kaun Hai with Arshad (Warsi).
So are you working on any projects currently, other than your shows on MTV?
Well I'm doing an album with my band - i.e. my sisters (who have just shifted to India) and me have a group called Tihai. Our musical style is very R'n'B - Pop, but fused with Indian sounds.
What does Tihai mean?
Oh, it means the third beat of an instrumental.
So what do you want - MTV glory, or Bollywood fame?
Both! Why not?!! Are you religious? Well, I believe there is someone there - a higher power. Religion helps keep the faith for some, but I'm not biased to any one. I have all Gods in my house.
Who matters the most in your life?
My mom, without a doubt! Are you seeing anyone…and if not,
what kind of a man would you date?
I don't talk about my personal life (in public). But what I find attractive in a man is someone who is not afraid to be themselves, is down to earth, real, genuine….honest. And he needs to work. I like men who are focused professionally, because I am. And he needs to be enthusiastic.
You've got a great body, do you work out?
No, but I'm thinking of starting Yoga. You used to host MTV Style Check, which made you quite an authority on fashion.
What is your ultimate fashion statement?
Pajamas! I think it's something that people always neglect. I love my jammies and I think it's important to look good when you sleep. You never know who'll ring your bell in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment